Q. How do I borrow a book from the Library in Fall 2021?
Books in the Leonard Lief Library’s circulating collection will be available by placing a request in advance.
You will know a book is available for request if you see the message below when you look it up in OneSearch:
To request a book:
- Check if the book is available to borrow by looking it up in the library catalog (OneSearch).
- Fill out the book request form
- Wait for an email from the Library letting you know when the book is ready for pick up
- When the book is ready, go to the library reservation system and follow instructions to schedule a Book Pick Up-Return appointment
On the day of your book pick up appointment, you will:
- Make sure you are up to date on campus access requirements
- Proceed to the table by the library's security guard a few minutes before your appointment
- Once staff member verifies your reservation, you will be directed to the library greeter who will show you to the Circulation-Reserve Desk to pick up your book
Remember to bring:
- Face mask: you are required to wear it at all times while in the library building
- Your Lehman College ID Card to show when you enter the library building (all students have a digital ID card in their Lehman 360 App)
Reserve Textbooks will only be available for use inside the Library. You can scan sections of a Reserve textbook by scheduling a scanning appointment. For how to do this, see FAQ: “How can I get access a print textbook from the library?”