Q. How can I access a print textbook from the Library?
Textbooks in the Reserve collection will only be available inside the Library. You can reserve a 30-minute appointment to scan sections of a Reserve textbook.
To make a scanning reservation:
- Look up the book in OneSearch to see if it’s available
- If available, make note of the book’s title and call number
- Reserve a scanning appointment in the library’s reservation system
On the day of your scanning appointment, you will:
- Make sure you are up to date on campus access requirements
- Proceed to the table by the library's security guard a few minutes before your appointment
- Once staff member verifies your reservation, you will be directed to the library greeter who will show you to the Circulation-Reserve Desk.
- Provide the book’s title and call number to Circulation Desk staff – you will be directed to the scanner you reserved.
- Return textbook to the Circulation-Reserve Desk at the end of your appointment
Remember to bring:
- Face mask: you are required to wear it at all times while in the library building
- Your Lehman College ID Card to show when you enter the library building (all students have a digital ID card in their Lehman 360 App)